Construction-meditaion retreats with Diamond way teachers photos:
RETREAT CENTER OF DIAMOND WAY BUDDHISM IN UKRAINE
The RC Minkovka, a retreat center of Diamond Way Buddhism of the Karma Kagyu Lineage, was established and designed for individual and group retreats on Buddhist practices, as well as for summer courses.
This place is unique to Ukraine – according to Lama Ole’s wish, for many years we have been actively developing it so that whoever practices Diamond Way could have a chance for regular meetings, intense meditations and recognition of one’s mind.
HISTORY AND FACTS
• In 2009 the RC welcomed Gyalwa Karmapa XVII Thaye Dorje »
• In 2011 the RC welcomed Lama Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche »
• Almost every year there are courses with Lama Ole Nydahl at the RC »
• The RC is capable of hosting more than 2,500 people during a summer course
• During the year several individual and group retreats take place at the RC »
• Every year there is a construction season to improve accommodation conditions »
• The RC territory has considerably expanded within the eight years
• The retreat house has been built »
• “Milarepa CLUB” has been created »
• We have become a real RC Minkovka sangha!
Milarepa’s example is our source of inspiration: during two construction seasons we performed a lot of work to make the conditions for staying and meditation as comfortable as possible; we installed an electricity supply, sewage system, drilled an artesian well, built up showers and toilets. We also made a number of other things, unremarkable but necessary for successful practice.
Nowadays, the RC Minkovka is a friendly family group and a lovely place with positive energy, infrastructure designed for big courses and the land of almost 7 hectares which includes a gompa for big courses (for 2000 people in summertime), a summer gompa (for 120 people in summertime), three houses, one of which is Karmapa’s House – equipped for individual retreats.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Our plans for the future are as follows:
Reconstructing the White House for winter accommodation
Landscaping the area around the retreat house.
Building a big, beyond seasonal gompa
Building a cafeteria/coffee shop.
We are sincerely grateful for everybody’s participation in the development of this place, and really appreciate all kinds of help, such as workhands, tools, building materials or funds. Your support will bring happiness to everybody!
What is a retreat?
Retreat – is a period of personal or group solitude at the calm, specially equipped place for meditations, spiritual and psychological work on oneself.
Meditation retreat could be open or closed, singles, paired or grouped.
The most effective way in which retreats occur – when there is a clear goal, a teacher’s support, a certain provision and a schedule of the day, which makes it possible to abstract as much as possible from everyday life and deepen the meditative experience.
You can take part in a meditation course, group or individual retreat under the guidance of the Lama or any of the Diamond Way teachers.
HOW TO JOIN IN
- Visit us regularly
- Share ideas about the RC development
- Inform friends about the RC
HOW TO SUPPORT US
- Work and meditate together
- Join in the current projects
- Support the RC with donations